Friday, September 12, 2008

I Wonder

Across the wide blue sky the clouds all fill with air
I see in them as they sail by, visions of your face so fair
I wonder at their majesty, sculpted by the master’s hand
I wonder where you are today and if you understand

I tried so hard to make you see how much you meant to me
And how much more than a just a friend I could really be
I tried to tell you how much I cared and how I always would
I guess you didn’t want to hear, I guess I never should

You smiled at each I love you, and each I am in love
You said it’s ok for friends to joke and never could I move
Your heart to understand how deep my feelings ran
You saw me as just a friend, I did not fit your plan

And now I sit and wonder about your life with him
Have your hopes and dreams been realized, does he know your every whim?
Is he everything that you hoped that he would be
And I wonder, how I wonder, do you ever think of me?

No comments: